Monday, March 15, 2010

Point One to One Point

Sunday, March 14, 2010

One year ago today, I was having fun promoting international Pi Day because that's just the kind of nerd I am.  One year later my focus was a little different.  After a few years of being cellar dwellers, Kentucky basketball was back where it belongs - on top! Today's SEC Championship game against Mississippi State was an instant classic.  A handful of ties, twenty or more lead changes, buzzer beaters and OT!!!  Of course, it's only a "great game" if they (we?) win.  And we did!  The worst part of watching this game was knowing that the outcome had already been decided.  I missed the live broadcast and had to watch it on my DVR later that day.  My phone was turned off to block all texts and I avoided Facebook for the first time, I think, ever.  After all of the tension, shallow breathing, yelling at the refs, and applauding great plays (literally) were over Kentucky stood alone.  Victorious.  This was their first SEC championship since 2004.  An eternity.  For the rest of the day, a smile took up permanent residence on my face.  Oh yeah, the photo is the shirt I was wearing during the game.  And now I'm not sure if I should wash it...

No comments:

Post a Comment